Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
As of January 1, 2020 all employers in Illinois are required to provide sexual harassment prevention training to all employees each calendar year. Public Act 101-0221 amended the Illinois Human Rights Act (IHRA) requiring all Illinois employers to provide annual sexual harassment prevention training by December 31, 2020. Employers who do not provide training for all employees could face fines and other penalties.
This webinar allows employers to fulfill this requirement with ease.
This webinar will satisfy the state required training for all employees that attend. Materials covered will include:
- An explanation of sexual harassment consistent with the IHRA
- A summary of relevant federal and State statutory provisions
- Practical remedies available to victims of sexual harassment
- A summary of responsibilities of employers in the prevention, investigation, and corrective measures of sexual harassment.
Upon completion of the course, employers will receive:
- A certificate of completion for each employee that completed the training for their records.
- Certificates will be mailed within two weeks of webinar completion pending any attendance confirmation needed from employer.
- This webinar does NOT meet the state requirements for employees of restaurants and bars. Additional training is required for those types of businesses.
- Duplicate certificates of completion are available for $5.00 per certificate. Attendee participation must be verified.
- Liz Borman has worked in human resources for 12 years and is current the Human Resources Manager. She holds a Bachelors degree in Media Studies, a Masters in Urban & Regional Planning from U of I, and a Masters of Public Administration from Governors State University. Liz is also a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources.
- Femi Fletcher is the Human Resources Generalist. She has experience with payroll, labor contract interpretation and negotiation, budget preparation, recruitment and onboarding, multimedia communications, and the development of employee training initiatives. Femi holds a Bachelor of Science in Organizational and Professional Development from Eastern Illinois University and has completed graduate coursework toward a Master of Public Administration degree.
This training is intended to fulfill the training needs for the 2020 Sexual Harassment Prevention Training pursuant to the Illinois Human Rights Act, 775 ILCS 5/2-109.
While presenters and the Chamber staff have done our best to thoroughly address all topics, it is not possible to include discussion of every possible instance needed to keep your work environment free of any and all sexual harassment in a presentation of this nature.
It is understood this information is a tool to help workplace standards, rather than an exhaustive list of rules, statutes, regulations, and standards.
As such the Presenters, the Chamber and other affiliated parties are not liable for any action of a company's employees, customers, management, or other affiliated parties.
The Chamber of Commerce will take good faith virtual attendance but it is each employer's responsibility to ensure their registered participant attends the entire training.